Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Needing some humility

A conversation yesterday after Bible reading:

Mom: "Levi, what did Jesus do on the boat during the storm?"

Levi: (blank look)

Mom: "What did Jesus do to the wind and the waves? What did He say?"

Levi: (blank look)

Mom: "Everyone was very scared, and Jesus commanded the storm to stop."

Levi: "Yeah." (As if he was really listening)

Mom: "And is this something that you could do? Make a storm stop?"

Levi: "Yes."

Mom: (Trying to keep a straight face) "And how would you do that?"

Levi: (Without missing a beat) "I'd just snap my fingers!"

Good one!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Christine,
I just love your blog. I have been trying the very first time to thank you for sending this to us, but I was not able to get it through. I hope I am coming through now to you with my comment. You have a lovely family, what a wonderful kids. Lots of love from Gerry & Ada Kleinjan.