Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Link and "I won!"

I have linked a blog by Tim Challies here a number of times.  Each Friday he does "Free Stuff Fridays" where you simply enter you name and email to be randomly picked for a give away of usually a number of books.
Contrary to my usual tread I've actually won - TWICE!
The latest set of books from CCEF.  And although I already own most of the books I'm thrilled to have second copies to give away!
 
I read a nice article on parenting this morning.
You can read it HERE.
 
I particularly can relate to the part of friendships.  Those that I am closest to ARE the ones that I feel free to talk about the struggles in our home.   The ones where we intuitively realize that having a child toilet trained at 18 months in not the great mark of motherhood.  Or when we see each other's child(ren) have a particular "sin" struggle we can encourage each and even share our own ways to overcome. 
And mostly we pray for each other (realizing our need for God more and more), even in the times when we don't know specifics of a trial, but have been invited in each other's lives with the "snip-its" here and there.
I am so ever thankful that I have fellow moms, friends and family like this.
You know who you are!
Thank-you!
 
 


No comments: